In my family, I have become known as the Blog Chick and I must say that up
until yesterday, I have had no problem writing updates on my dear beloved
Uncle Kevin. But, I know so many people are checking this blog for updates,
so it is really an honor to communicate his situation to his wonderful
friends and supporters even though this update is the hardest I have
written!
On their way home from a very long day at the hospital yesterday afternoon,
Becky called my mom and asked that we meet at their house to be available
for some news shortly after Kevin and Becky told KB.
Here is what they said...
During a very long day of tests at MUSC on Friday, they determined that the
cancer has come back very aggressively. His surgeons have analyzed the test
results and scans and have gotten lots of second opinions from all over the
country as well as from our trusted family doctor/savior, Dr. Fairey, to
determine if they will either do another liver resection surgery middle to
end of next week or start Kevin on chemotherapy immediately. Becky and Kevin
were suppose to hear from their surgeon today on whether or not he had
decided to do the surgery or if he was going to start chemo, but this
evening, shortly after supper, he called and said that he wants to do some
more tests at the beginning of next week to see if the cancer has spread to
other areas of Kevin's body before they make the decision to operate.
I am personally devastated by this news and you can only imagine how Becky,
Kevin and KB and the rest of our immediate family are handling this
situation. Their phone is ringing off the hook and I hope that Kevin's
siblings and friends know that it is a daily pleasure for them to check this
blog and see your comments. Kevin's way of dealing with his situation is to
talk about it, so please feel free to go visit Kevin, you will be amazed how
much better HE will make YOU feel!
Every day for the next week will be very challenging for Kevin, Becky and KB
and we will spread the news immediately as soon as we know if Kevin will
have surgery or if he will start chemotherapy.
Thank you for your love, support, prayers, jokes, hugs, meals, donations,
sweet treats and friendship!
Remember, every day is game day!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Becky, Kevin, and KB, You know that we pray for you every day! We keep you in our thoughts, also. I have a friend who is going to Alabama next week to see one of the girls that Mary appears to in Medjugoria. I gave her your names to remember while she is there. Apparently, Mary appears to her even in Alabama! I know Mary will intercede for you.
Becky, Jared says hi! (I babysat today!)He says he might see you at the beach again.
Take care and God bless,
Susan Snyder and Family
To our dearest friends,
Prayer,hope,love,faith,friendship; all of these and more have been with you over these past eight months. We love you so much and we will keep the prayers and the hope, and the love, and the faith and the friendship coming your way. Kevin, you are the most wondeful, generous, courageous person we have ever known and God will take care of you.
Our love always,
E,D,J,MC & E
You know, I really love "Over the Rainbow" but this is really my favorite:
"I sing because I'm happy;
I sing because I'm free.
HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW,
And I know HE watches me."
As an eagle, not just a sparrow, you are the example to all of us as the best, sweetest and most generous that GOD watches over. And HE IS watching over you and your family.
Keep smilin. I love you, SUBA
Story party of 4 checking in and we are ready to taken on the biggest challenge/hurdle yet..we are here morning, noon and night for the Blanchards. Prayer, prayer and more prayer - sitting at a traffic light, waiting to check out in the grocery store..all examples of momentary opportunities..we are all about opportunities...all about friendship and being there for all of you..Banana ice pops anyone..we will call before we come by...
Love, The Story 4
Praying hard and keeping you in our thoughts always, Blanchards.
Love, the Knowltons
Kevin,
had fun yesterday following you up and down God knows how many flights of stairs at the Medical U. Hospital. Fun, fun, fun. Oh the nurse called and wants to know if your still tinkling green floresent. Keep doing what you're doing Kevin, it's working.
David
Thanks for the boat ride! Beautiful scenery, beautiful company and beautiful memory!!! Oh, and thanks for letting Rowland drive!!!
Post a Comment