Thursday, June 25, 2009
OBD Summertime Update
Kevin Blanchard is the most positive person we know. He has been battling liver cancer, bile duct cancer and now lung cancer for 1 year, 6 months and 19 days since the silent mess was discovered. He’s survived over 13 surgeries, major organ removal, 3 series of chemo-therapies, other drug-therapy, loss of his livelihood and major changes in his life plans and daily activities. Because of his liver/bile duct/ digestive metabolism, he hasn’t lost weight like some people going through this kind of battle, so he still looks great - same handsome guy that we all know and love! After all of this effort, some of the lung tumors are stabilized, some are growing and there are a few more in different sections. Now he’s going to take a “chemo vacation” so that he can enjoy some quality time this beautiful summer with KB & Becky before deciding on the next plan of attack. Kevin remains positive and steadfastly resolved in his belief for a successful win over this vicious opponent and wants to thank everyone for their continued prayers and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm glad you and Beck and KB had a nice long weekend at the lake. Send us some pictures.
Last night we said our prayers and Rowland blessed, "Mommy, Daddy, Otto, Grandmommie, Poppy, Kiki, KB, KK and Becky. I said, no "BB" and he said, "No, mommy her name is BECKY!" :o)
Been thinking of you - keep up the good spirits. You are always in my prayers and thoughts.
Enjoy your Summer!
Keep up the fight and the great spirits. Let us know if we can help out with anything.
May your summer days be filled with lots of shade, cool breezes & little umbrellas in your drinks. Throw in some good friends, some funny jokes & you've got a summer to remember. Oh & don't forget to pull a juicy watermelon out the cooler to drip all over the place. Forever our heroes, Blanchard family.
Love & Prayers, Linwood & Debra
That Debra's a poet ain't she. I can feel that watermellon dripping down my elbow. Opps, I'm holding Otto, that ain't watermellon.
Enjoyed last night.
KUTGF.
I see you every day. That is why I don't comment here as much. But I will if your looking for a note from me each day.
I'm with you my friend all the way through.
KUTGF
I'm hopeing for a good scan today. I would not trade our past few days at the lake for any amount of money. Especially our math lesson concerning the mooring bouy.
KUTGF
always thinking of you guys and continuing to pray....
the benfields
Well, it's not quite the "chill" of winter but days like this sure make ya take a deep breath and smile. Hope this finds you "smiling". As always, you are in our hearts and our prayers.
Linwood & Debra
Post a Comment