Monday, December 14, 2009

The final journey

Operation Burning Daylight has been successful and Kevin is on his final destination to watch over us.

39 comments:

Mandy Von See said...

Please say a prayer for Becky, KB and my family. We will not be the same without KK! He was there for every accomplishment, move, event and moment in my life. He was so much more than an uncle to me and I am just devastated that I can't talk to him anymore. I love you Becky! I love you KB!

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Blanchard Family. Kevin was a great coach, volunteer, and always there to help out when needed. The Diamond Warrior Booster Club will always be grateful for everything he did to get us up to speed with fields, installing electrical wires, fixing lights before tournaments, (when none of us knew how to), and much more. I am sure that there is a fottball and baseball field waiting for him in Heaven!
The Ciuffo Family

Jeff and Becky said...

We send our love and our prayers to all of you tonight - most especially to Becky and to KB.

Love - Jeff and Becky
Laura and Thom
Emily and Michael

Joan said...

All of you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
Much love,
Joan

The Sturmers said...

Becky and KB
Someone so special can never be forgotten. This loss leaves a heartache no one can heal, but his love gave you great memories no one can steal.
Hope you both find comfort in knowing, you have your own special angel.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for blessing us with Kevin Blanchard! He touched our lives in so many ways. He was Rudy's coach, Medd's "demolition buddy" and my best friend during those Bazaar Days. Thank you. I think of him every time I turn on my lights, start my oven or switch on the ceiling fan. Thank you. We love you Becky & KB and pray for you and you entire family for happier days ahead...we are here for you - always and forever.

Medd Jackie Heidi Rudy & Trevor

Unknown said...

The Story 4 second the comments of the Boxx family - Kevin's presence is with us as we walk through our beautiful front doors every day that he installed, the breaker box that he replaced that allows our house to be a home and not a pile of rubble, the many different household items that he repaired/replaced..He was an amazing person - friend. Our heart aches for the entire OBD crew but we know he is looking at us saying - "Burning daylight - got things to do, places to go ..." Becky, KB and extended family -we love you all and are ready for duty :) The Story 4

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you constantly as you face this, the most tragic of tragedies. Please know how sorely missed Kevin will be.

Blessings and peace,

The Lee Family

Anonymous said...

We are heartbroken at the devastating loss of such a wonderful man and friend. Kevin taught us all so much, especially about grace and dignity as he battled these past few years. He will always be remembered for the positive difference he made in so many people's lives. Becky and KB, we are here for you and always will be. Lean on your family and friends during these dark days. We will all do our best to carry you through.

With much love,

The Durney's

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy Groh said...

So sorry for your loss. I came upon this blog and was drawn into the stories of this wonderful man. God only takes the good ones. Kevin must have been awesome. Peace be with you all.

Anonymous said...

You know, when Kevin was sick, posting a comment on this beautiful blog was easy. He gave us much to aspire to. Now,with the urge to post still strong, the inspiration perhaps not so easy. "How you doing?" or "Happy New Year" surely don't work with wounds still so fresh. So what words can be written that could possibly comfort the living and perhpas give a chuckle to Kevin up above whom I am sure is still checking this bolg?

Rejoice when you can that Kevin was with us for 47 years. Laugh when you can, way down deep till you have to hold your belly. Smile when you can when a warm memory crosses your mind. Cry when you must because you are human. Yell when all else fails because we will understand.

Your friends are here even if we don't have all the right words.

Love & prayers,
Debra

SUBA said...

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin - Miss you so much. Are you not here for me to see? I feel like you are here and you give my heart comfort but I can't see you anywhere I go. Remember our conversation after your July surgery when we were all at the Lake shucking a bushel of fresh corn when you told me we would all be fine? Remember I told you it would be so hard because you wouldn't be here to make us feel better? As Sam said, we have lost the heart of our energy.
David waits for you to drive up to work on the boat, Mandy waits for you at the CCC Kitchen, Kimberly waits for you to call her everyday, KB waits for you to practice pitching, Becky waits for you to come home and goes into an empty house everyday. It is getting quieter and quieter. I am trying to listen to what you are telling me. I can't think about you not being here or I lose my breath. So I'm just going to smile when I think of all the wonderful memories we had for so many years, as Debra said we should do!
The four of us working together at Cooper River Thermal (best times of our lives), going to Scotland (oh the stories-remember 'rest & be thankful'), Becky and David running in to each other at London Airport when she paid you a surprise visit, you and Becky having KB 3 months premature, ballet teddy bears and blowing up balloons, that elegant party where we discovered 'those things you look through that make things seem close', trip to Saluda Inn & Chimney Rock (no one could ever give a high-flying performance like I did), summers at the Lake and the water-skiing exhibitions, driving Mandy to Dallas & sleeping on the air mattress with no air in it, remote control car races on the tennis court at 1503, building a house, moving, ya'll living with us and us living with you, driving to the Lake during Hurricane Hugo, waiting for Rowland, waiting for Otto, sports, sports and more sports!.
I was wrong. You're not here but you do make us feel better after all. We got to have you for a little while and you are in our hearts forever.
LOVE ALWAYS, SUBA

David said...

Kevin,
I always told you that you were not dying you were living, and if it would make you feel any better I'll let you know when you start dying. Yopu didn't give me the chance. Thursday we were eating steaks on your deck and Monday you were gone. I really thought we would get a few more hours in on the boat and a few more trips. Like that one down to Mike and Beth's river house you talked about so much. I'm glad I didn't feel too silly to actually tell you I love you. I am so glad I did that. Kevin I have never known anyone who cared so much about me and worried so much about me. Where in the world did you find time to worry about me when you were so concerned about everybody else. I said many times that we wouldn't be able to get through this witout Kevin. Sounds funny, the one with the cancer was the one who helped us accept the cancer. Everyone has told me you are in a better place with no pain and at peace. And I know it is true. But it doesn't make it any eaiser for me. I miss you so much my friend. I keep trying to get through one full day without crying and I know when I get to that point I can try for 1 more day and so on. I can't beleive you went so fast. A little heads up would have been nice you know. Kevin I know you are reading this blog as you always did, so I want you to know we are all ok and for you to rest peacefully until we meet again. I love you my friend,

SUBA said...

KK - I am afraid and I'm thinking about what you would tell me. I'm listening very hard and I can feel your presence but I still wish you were here. Thank you so much for all the comfort you gave us.
Becky is having a hard time every morning as you know. She's used to you starting the coffee, making her cup & handing it to her as she steps out of the shower as you hand her the warm towel you always heated in the dryer for her & KB every morning, and she really misses you having her keys ready as she walks out the front door to start the day. But she is working hard on getting more organized.
You cared and everyone will always remember that!
LOVE YOU, SUBA

Game, Education, Insurance and Health said...

cry after read this post and comment, i remember abut something :'(

SUBA said...

I know you are right here with me and I smile at the things you are throwing at me. I am still trying very hard to listen but I MISS YOU and I WANT YOU HERE. We miss you so much. Still not too many tears but getting closer. Please stay with us!!! You know we are counting on your strength to continue to guide us!!!
I love you, SUBA

SUBA said...

What a glorious day we had on yours & Becky's WEDDING DAY 21 years ago today. Those memories make me smile but my heart aches today. I love you. SUBA

SUBA said...

Need you to let me know.....

SUBA said...

It's so hard to be able to pay attention and listen but I hope we have gotten most of your signs. I know you've been having fun watching over us but remember that we are only mortals and you threw this wedding at us so fast that we haven't had time to think. You know how grateful we are and you did good on this one!

I know you were right there with us at Kimberly's wedding. You gave David the strength to start on finishing the boat and it was a magnificent delivery/entrance for the bride and her father. I'm glad that Becky and I got to see it earlier in the day when Sam put it in the water. But it was so special for all of us. Your spirit was right there in the boat and in our hearts.

When David found his watch after looking in the same place for it for 3 weeks, I couldn't figure out your message. But of course, after taking the time to stop & think, to stop & listen, I realize it's "time". It's been 6 months and I know you have to go but I know the comfort of where you are headed can't be resisted and your peace will be a comfort to us. Thank you for seeing it through and thank you for taking care of us. I love you and I miss you.

SUBA

SUBA said...

Thank you for protecting me. Please give me my tears for you. I miss you. Becky misses you. David still waiting for you to pull up.
LOVE, SUBA

SUBA said...

KK - We REALLY need Burning Daylight. Your force is with us but we need YOU! You sent us a doozy this time - a real firecracker. Don't know if we can keep up but we are going to try, just as you would!!! Thank you for taking care of us.
I love you and I MISS YOU SO MUCH. Stay close in our hearts.
LOVE, SUBA

SUBA said...

:-(

SUBA said...

Sadder but happier. Miss you.
Love, always
SUBA

SUBA said...

Thank you for helping us to listen. Thank you for bringing us laughter. Thank you for Burning Daylight.
We love you, SUBA

SUBA said...

HSGM, HSPM, HSCM
Stay close & give me strength. I know you're smiling right now and I am too......
Love you, SUBA

SUBA said...

Thank you from my heart. I miss you and I can't believe you are not here. I'm trying to listen.
I love you, SUBA

SUBA said...

Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for taking care of my family. Thank you for what you gave us. I miss you.
SUBA

SUBA said...

We smiled with you last night. I know you are happy with us; and we are trying to be Wright. THANK YOU, KK
I love you, SUBA

SUBA said...

I miss you. I miss you everyday.
:-(
Love, SUBA

SUBA said...

Please stay with us and give us direction. Comfort us and get us through this month! You set that positive bar so HIGH...
NOT better without you.
Love you, miss you, SUBA

SUBA said...

I miss you more...
Love, SUBA

SUBA said...

Thank you for the BUTTERFLY every Saturday. :-)
IIIII MISSSSSS YOUUUUUUU!
Love, SUBA

SUBA said...

Depending on you to burn some daylight to us on Friday the 13th.
HBD!
Love you & miss you. :-(
SUBA

SUBA said...

:~(

SUBA said...

THANK YOU (and all your guys)!!!
I MISS YOU. :-(

SUBA said...

It is so hard to see clearly. Please send me something on this one. :-(
I miss you, LOVE SUBA

SUBA said...

What was it we used to laugh so hard about??? Help me focus!
I miss you, SUBA
PS--thanks for all the butterflies

SUBA said...

Thank you for signs but please keep reminding me to keep the faith. I know you are helping but you seem far away. You would really be stomping with this latest!
Dear, dear friend, I miss you with all my heart. We miss you. Love, SUBA