Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday Update

KB and I saw Kevin this morning and have spoken with him this afternoon and his exact words concerning his status were, "I scored a touchdown, but the other team pulled some tricky moves so our team is going into a new strategy session and to review some films."

In other words, the doctors are still trying to manage the pain and although Kevin is in good spirits, they are trying to keep him comfortable. We will keep sending progress updates, and let you know when the team is at home and ready for visitors.

I am printing out the comments and Kevin and Becky are reading them every day. Please keep cheering them on!!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB, Kevin. Thank you so much for the strategy review. I know you'll conquer! PLEASE remember to remind Becky to make the visit to that Starbucks @ MUSC tomorrow but please wait until at least 6:00 a.m. See you soon, S

Anonymous said...

We're cheering you on Kevin. Keep up the fight. We love you, E,D,J,MC & E

Anonymous said...

It was an emotional roller coaster yesterday and I know that everyone is thankful for the outcome but exhausted. I'll be ready to visit when Becky feels it's appropriate, but Kevin needs his rest and the fewer visitors the better. Tell Kevin his brother Mike is thinking of him and Becky, call me if you need anything.

DeMarco Family said...

Congrats on being coherent enough to come up with strategy plans while you are on pain meds! All of the COKSM families are thinking about you all and saying lots of prayers for you. Your family is so upbeat and always willing to help others so hopefully all the prayers will be helpful and give you strength to recover quickly.
God Bless.....

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that all is ok today. Send some of the pain my way and I will take it on for you. The Kiernan's continue to send prayers for all 3 of you and look forward to the next update. Keep up the spirits and get your rest. Becky take care of yourself and please eat, call me if you need anything.
Love,
Kiernans

Anonymous said...

Nothing but good thoughts coming from Simpsonville. Hope the rest of the day went well and that you'll have another good night. Rest while you can because they'll have you running up and down the hospital hallways pretty soon. Hang in there Becky and KB. It is exhausting to have someone you love go through any kind of surgery, but each day really does get better and better. We're praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin and Family.... going to try this again. Wishing you a speedy recovery and let us know what we can do to help out.... you need to let me come up there and help you out for a change! Keep us posted as I know you guys will! We love you all very much!
Bret, Mom, Muggs and Molly

McFadden said...

Kevin, Miss Becky and KB,
You have Angels watching over you, and wonderful Doctors to oversee your care!
Stay focused and positive, and believe in God's game plan.
The love of your family and friends, and all these Positive Thoughts and Prayers will make you stronger every day!
God Bless You All!
Ann and John McFadden
Lauren, Ryan, Elise and Johnny

Anonymous said...

Kevin, Becky and KB ~

We continue to keep you in our prayers every moment...we're worried you may only be hearing half of them, though. The ones you hear say, "we love y'all, we're amazed by your family's strength and courage and we look forward to hearing about Kevin's daily progress. We're here for all of you." The ones we're saying that might not be coming through as clearly come from the "Jersey" side of our hearts ~ "we hope yooz guys are doin' okay and that Kevin's feelin' betta each moment of the day." Whichever "language" comes through, we want you to know that the sentiments are heartfelt. We have complete faith that the multitude of prayers from your family and friends are being heard and answered. Take care of yourselves and each other. Kevin, we hope that he pain eases soon ~ we know it will! We will look forward to visiting when you're back in the comforts of your home.

Love,

Anne, George, Matt & Marc

Anonymous said...

Hey bubba..I just want you to know you have been on my mind even though I haven't been to see you. I know how it is to need your rest and trust me...you need it! You would have been so proud to know how strong Becky and K.B. were while you were in surgery. Becky, please let me know what I can do to help and hope to see ya'll all soon. I love you all and bubba...keep up the good work! Love, JoBeth

Kimberly Macmurphy said...

Great news! Kevin-I hope your pain eases up tremendously over the next day. Becky- hang in there girl and keep that beautiful smile on your face. Susan- thank you for the special prayer you emailed a week ago. It is very powerful and beautifully written. Mandy- thanks for the updates; I know everyone really appreciates them. Hang in there all of you! Prayers are being offered up for your family each and every day.
Love, Kimberly, Jay, Riley, Keilyn, Dunovant, & Baen

Anonymous said...

Hey 3Bs - The Story 4 are checking in! We are ready for duty - hurdle #2. Prayers and more prayers from this end.
Love,
The Story 4 :)

Anonymous said...

Keep on fighting the good fight -- we know you are the ultimate winner! Rudy says we have much more water skiing in our future together...I think he just wants to see Becky & I wipe out again!

Love ya and keep those updates coming...we are praying and cheering! Go Blanchards!

The Box's

Anonymous said...

Kevin and family, My family is extremely thankful that everything went well. Shelby and Katie as well as Wendy and I have been praying for you and your family every night since before Christmas. God definitely answers prayers. We will continue to pray for many more touchdowns for you and your familiy. I will see you soon.

Cut Man, Wendy, Shelby, Katie and Beth

Anonymous said...

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in His shadow for life,
Say to the Lord, "My Refuge,
My Rock in Whom I trust."
The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
And famine will bring you no fear;
Under His Wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield.
You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
For to His angels He's given a command,
To guard you in all of your ways,
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Thoughts and prayers for you all.

Anonymous said...

Gary and some of the softball guys want to come visit - just give us the go ahead when you have those strategy plans worked out and they will be there! Stick to your guns, Kevin! It'll be better tomorrow.

The Benfield Family

Anonymous said...

Good Friday Morning -
THe Story 4 are awaiting the next play call from the OBD play book. Your positive spirit is truly an inspiration. I need KB to run Jack and JOe through a few paces this weekend - only when he is available....
Love,
Christine :)

Anonymous said...

Good morning little Blanchards. Hope you all got some rest last night and are taking care of your-selves.

I love this blog Mandy set up. You all have a wonderful support group and sounds like everyone is just sitting on "ready" to help when Kevin gets home.

You are "doing good" Daddy Kevin and KB and Becky too. I'm proud of you all and I know someone else who is keeping an eye on things.

We love you. Julie, Bret, Bruce, Molly and Muggs

Anonymous said...

Christine I am stealing your way of naming them the 3B's. Anyway just thought I'd let you know I talked to Dale McBeairty yesterday and his Dad had cancer 2 years ago and had 60% of his liver removed. He's doing fine, so if an 80 year old can handle this we know Kevin can!!!! Hang tight
love
The Cornely 6

Anonymous said...

Kevin, great game plan! Keep up the good fight. We are praying for you and your family. We'll be looking for y'all back in Hobcaw soon. God Bless.

The Pearce Family
Blake, Aimee, Blake, Jr and Ellison

Andrea said...

Good Morning Blanchard's!
Kevin I hope you are feeling well this morning. I hope you both are getting plenty of rest and enough to eat. Talking about eating...I have a late Christmas gift for the three of you. No plates needed but 3 complimentary forks are provided. Ha Ha! Let me know when you are feeling up for it, so I can whip it together fresh. Hang in there. I am thinking of you still each and every minute.
Love you all so much!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

We want you to know we are praying for you and love you!
Wade Windham and Family

Anonymous said...

from kb -i love you so much i will pray for you every day.